Social media is a great way to share your story about J Hilburn and introduce your social media network to the product, promotions, and you!
If you don’t have a Facebook page for your J Hilburn business, and would like to create one, follow these steps:
1. Select “more” under “Pages” on the left menu.
2. Click the “+Create a Page” button.
3. Select “Brand or Product”
4. Choose “Clothing”
5. Name Your J Hilburn page. (Hint: consider naming it after your city, if that is available. example: J Hilburn Richardson. Agree to terms and click “Get Started”.
6. Type a description about your J Hilburn business. (Hint, add your personal J Hilburn website and email if you want that info displayed). Select Yes for both questions and click the Save Info button.
7. Upload a profile photo for your page.
8. Click Next.
9. Click Add a Cover and select an image that is horizontal. Follow prompts.
10. Drag image to reposition as needed, and click Save.
11. Now populate your content! Share content from other J Hilburn reps. The following illustrates how to share content from another page on your new J HIlburn page.
12. Click “Share” next to a status you want to appear on your page.
13. Then select to share “On a Page you manage”. You may type your own information about the item you are sharing. Follow the prompts.14. Populate your page with content before you start inviting your friends and family to “Like” your page. There is nothing worse than showing up to a page that doesn’t have any content. You get ONE chance to make a first impression, so don’t get into a rush.
15. Once you have 25 “Likes” you’ll be able to set a vanity URL. I have www.facebook.com/JHilburnRichardson – it’s easy to share, and put on my personal emails and marketing materials. It also shows up in the Google/Bing/Yahoo search results.
This is the Google Search Engine Results Page showing my Facebook listing in the #1 spot on Google.
16. Click Edit Page and choose Edit Settings.
17. Select Basic Information.
18. Type your username in the appropriate field. No spaces. It’s not case sensitive, so feel free to use capitalization.